Anniversary Countdown

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

This is my second favorite holiday (excluding my birthday of course). Maybe it's summer, maybe it's the watermelon or the grilling or the sunny weather that could make anyone have a lighter step.

I love summer and the 4th is the epitome of this time of year! Today we spent it at our friend's Max and Amanda's parents for a pool party for Max's birthday! Amanda's dad builds pools for a living so needless to say, they have a state of the art pool. We swam and ate to our heart's content in the sun. I had managed earlier to convince Jay I needed a new swim suit so of course I had to put it to good use.

We also grilled out burgers and hotdogs, had some watermelon and some other great summer foods. Because of all this, we are just to tired to go the fireworks downtown....oh well, maybe next year!

Happy 4th of July!

No comments: