Anniversary Countdown

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Is it Friday yet?

I'm just wondering because this week seems to just be dragging on and on. This is my favorite time of year too.

Summer. Wow, when I was a kid, summer was a time just to waste time. I remember walking down to the Cedar Falls Library and checking out as many books as I could carry home. And then reading all day! And how can anyone forget Dad sternly admonishing us to turn the outside hose off and that no more water can be used to run through the sprinkler. Popsicles! And watching movies in the cool AC while it is swelteringly hot outside.

Oh how I miss those days. Alas, I am an adult now and am facing the reality of an early morning team meeting tomorrow. Will have to survive with my memories of carefree summers!

No comments: